BSA Tour Plan info: click here for complete info
- Trips of 500 miles or more; or
- Trips outside of council borders (exception: not to your council-owned property); or
- Trips to Florida Sea Base, Northern Tier, Philmont Scout Ranch, Summit Bechtel Reserve (you will be asked to present a copy of your tour and activity plan upon arrival)
, national Scout jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, or a regionally sponsored event; or
- When conducting any of the following activities outside of council or district events:
- Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.)
- Climbing and rappelling
- Orientation flights (process flying plan)
- Shooting sports
- Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.); or
- At a council’s request (Contact your local council for additional guidelines or regulations concerning tour and activity plans; many have set guidelines for events or activities within council boundaries such as for Cub Scout overnight camping.)
Click here to log in at MyScouting.org
If you have any other questions, please contact your District Executive so they can help explain the process.
The tour and activity planner is an excellent tool that should be included in preparation for all activities, even those not requiring it. It guides a tour leader through itineraries, travel arrangements, two-deep leadership, supervision qualifications, and transportation.
Download a copy of the planner here – Activity Planner